cindi

Default Formula = sheet tab name

Can I create a formula in a cell that will equal the
sheet tab name?

Thanks,

Cindi
Max

Put in say, A1*:

=MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,32)

(This'll extract the sheetname into A1.
But you need to save the file first)

*can be any cell in the sheet

--
Rgds
Max
cindi wrote in message
Can I create a formula in a cell that will equal the
sheet tab name?

Thanks,

Cindi

Paul B

Cindi, try this, file must be saved first for it to work

=MID(CELL("filename"),FIND("]",CELL("filename"))+1,255)
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"cindi" wrote in message
Can I create a formula in a cell that will equal the
sheet tab name?

Thanks,

Cindi

Cindi

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Cindi
=3DMID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))

+1,32)

(This'll extract the sheetname into A1.
But you need to save the file first)

*can be any cell in the sheet

--
Rgds
Max
xl 97
---
GMT+8, 1=B0 22' N 103=B0 45' E
xdemechanik <atyahoo<dotcom
----
cindi wrote in=20

message
Can I create a formula in a cell that will equal the
sheet tab name?

Thanks,

Cindi

.

cindi

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Cindi
Cindi, try this, file must be saved first for it to work

=MID(CELL("filename"),FIND("]",CELL("filename"))+1,255)
--
Paul B
Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can

benefit from it
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"cindi" wrote in

message
Can I create a formula in a cell that will equal the
sheet tab name?

Thanks,

Cindi

.