-   -   User Defined Functions (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/86776-user-defined-functions.html)

Mike McLellan

User Defined Functions

I'm new to UDFs and want to be able to call one from within a spreadsheet.

I have hit Alt+F11 and input the code within the empty code window relating
to the workbook where I want to be able to access the UDF, but when I then
try and call the UDF in the workbook, I get an #NAME? error.

Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong?

[email protected]

User Defined Functions

User Defined Function needs to be stored in a module - so insert a
module, then move your UDF into it - should resolve the problem.

Mike McLellan

User Defined Functions

Many thanks, Aidan