Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Darren

Default Determine years betwen 2 dates

Hi,

Can anyone here tell me how to determine the number of years between two
dates?

I have tried -

(Days360(Date1, Date2, True))/365

This does not produce the correct answer. When testing it with 3/5/2001 &
3/5/2006 it returns - 4.92603. I guess this is because there are not always
365 days in a year.

Any help and advice greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre

See Chip Pearson's website:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"Darren" wrote:

Hi,

Can anyone here tell me how to determine the number of years between two
dates?

I have tried -

(Days360(Date1, Date2, True))/365

This does not produce the correct answer. When testing it with 3/5/2001 &
3/5/2006 it returns - 4.92603. I guess this is because there are not always
365 days in a year.

Any help and advice greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Darren

Ron,

That was exactly the solution i was looking for. I vaguely remembered the
"DateDiff" function from VBA, but when i tried to use this in a formula it
through up an error. Using it in a formula there is only one "f" and not two
"ff"s.

Thanks for the help ROn, much appreciated.

Best regards