Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
paulinoluciano

Default Intersection, union and difference

Hi,
I have a math problem related to intersection, union, and difference
among elements within groups (sometimes more than 10 groups). In all
cases each element of a group has an associated standard deviation. In
such way, I need that the intersection bettwen pairs of groups and
among several groups could be addressed as well as the differences. In
addition, if in groupo A I have a value like 600 +- 2 and in group B I
have a value 599 +- 2 such values should be considered the same as
their standard deviations did not allow distinguish them as distinct
numbers..
Data are in columns like bellow:

Group A Group A standard deviation Group B Group B standard
deviation
1254 2,3 1251
2,56
2545 3,35 2354
1,23
3545 3,2 3551
3,1
5425 2,1 1214
1,1
652 1,2 1524
1,12

I this way in the other columns I would like to see The intersection,
difference, and union of such groups and others.
Do you have some suggestion in which could I use excel to perform such
math operations in columns and display the results?
best regards,
Luciano

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
paulinoluciano