Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
fastballfreddy

Default IF function for multiple answers?

In Sheets 1-8 I have calendars for different people w/ 8 on days they
have off

In Sheet9 I have in Column A days 1-31
In column B I have: =IF(Carlos!B3=8,"Carlos")

My problem/question is can I use the IF function to get multiple
answers? If Carlos and Jim both have the same day off, what function
would I use?

Thanks,

--
fastballfreddy
fastballfreddy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33986

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dragon Reborn

=IF(AND(Carlos!B3=8,Jim!B3=8),"Carlos and Jim","")

you can use multiple if statements they go like this:

=IF(Condition,what to do if True,IF(Condition,What to do if True,What to do
if False))

Have a look at the Excel Help under function AND

Hope this helps

--
"Twice and twice shall he be marked,
twice to live and twice to die.

"fastballfreddy" wrote:

In Sheets 1-8 I have calendars for different people w/ 8 on days they
have off

In Sheet9 I have in Column A days 1-31
In column B I have: =IF(Carlos!B3=8,"Carlos")

My problem/question is can I use the IF function to get multiple
answers? If Carlos and Jim both have the same day off, what function
would I use?

Thanks,

--
fastballfreddy
fastballfreddy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33986
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=537551

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
fastballfreddy

I tried the formula:

=IF(AND(Carlos!B3=8,Jim!B3),"Carlos & Jim","")

which works if both carlos and jim have 8, but what if just carlos or
just jim has 8?

I have 6 people that I need to include in a formula, where there could
be nobody w/ 8 to all 6 could have 8 or a variety of the 6. How would
I do this and what formula would I use? I've been searching around and
can't find a solution. Your help appreciated!!

--
fastballfreddy
fastballfreddy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33986
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=537551