Juco

Default help with cell formula

I have 3 columns
column 1A I have the euro rate per uk £, I can change this as the rate
changes.
Column B5 - B22 I have various UK amounts,50p,£1,£2,£10 etc
Column C5 - C22 will be the euro conversion for the UK amounts
In C3 cell I have =1A*B5 this gives me the euro conversion.
How do I apply the same formula all the way down column C without entering
it in every cell?
If I try and drag it down the column it starts at 1A*B5 then 2A then 3A, I
want them all to refer to cell 1A.

I hope I have explained ok.
thanks
Juco

Dave R.

Use what's called an "absolute" reference, put $ before the reference you
want to remain the same.

=$A$1*B1

copied down will return
=$A$1*B2