Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dee/Daes

Default averaging & ???

We need a formula to do the following:
Subtract a given reading from the one previous to it and divide it by
the number of days in between.
That average number then goes in a column.
The other BIG problem is that meter readings are never on the same day
month to month.

Example:
Date Meter Volume
1 18,179,000
2 3,000
3 3,000
4 3,000
5 18,191,000 3,000
6 2,500
7 18,196,000 2,500

I truly appreciate any help that you can provide....Im turning blue
trying to figure out myself.
Dee

--
Dee/Daes
Dee/Daes's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33917

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Can you give an example result on that data?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Dee/Daes" wrote in
message ...

We need a formula to do the following:
Subtract a given reading from the one previous to it and divide it by
the number of days in between.
That average number then goes in a column.
The other BIG problem is that meter readings are never on the same day
month to month.

Example:
Date Meter Volume
1 18,179,000
2 3,000
3 3,000
4 3,000
5 18,191,000 3,000
6 2,500
7 18,196,000 2,500

I truly appreciate any help that you can provide....Im turning blue
trying to figure out myself.
Dee

--
Dee/Daes
Dee/Daes's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=537185

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dee/Daes

Bob, sorry my columns went crazy!
So I have attached a file
Thanks for any help
Dee

|Filename: Excel test.doc |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4724 |

Dee/Daes
Dee/Daes's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33917
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=537185

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

It wasn 't the data that was the problem, but understanding what result you
want to get. What is the answer that you want a formula to arrive at?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Dee/Daes" wrote in
message ...

Bob, sorry my columns went crazy!
So I have attached a file
Thanks for any help
Dee

|Filename: Excel test.doc |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4724 |

Dee/Daes
Dee/Daes's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=537185

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dee/Daes

Hope the following makes sense, look at attachment. I need a formula to
give me the answers under "amount" column.
Thanks, Dee
I need a formula that takes April 1 meter reading from April 5 and then
averages that number for 4 days and same thing for April 5 from April 7.

--
Dee/Daes
Dee/Daes's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33917
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=537185

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

No attachment.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Dee/Daes" wrote in
message ...

Hope the following makes sense, look at attachment. I need a formula to
give me the answers under "amount" column.
Thanks, Dee
I need a formula that takes April 1 meter reading from April 5 and then
averages that number for 4 days and same thing for April 5 from April 7.

--
Dee/Daes
Dee/Daes's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=537185