Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bill_De

Default For Niek Otten and Toppers custom function calculating time

Didn't know any other way to contact you guys. I got the problem figured out
as to why the function was not reading the first two IF statements. If you
recall in the function I had the follow statements:
IF Exp1<Exp2 THEN Result1=Exp1 ELSE Result1=Pmstart
IF Exp1Exp2 THEN Result1=Pmstart ELSE Result1=Exp1
IF Exp1EXP3 THEN Evtime=Result1 ELSE Evtime=Exp4

The program was not reading Result1 I don't think plust it was not a
complete expression to give an answer outside of a specific set of boundries.
Anyway after I don't know how many tries at rewriting the statement I found
one that works perfect. Here is what I came up with and when I enter the
arguments no matter what I do I get the correct time in both AM and PM

IF Exp1 <= Pmstart AND Exp1 = Exp2 THEN Evtime2= Pmstart ELSE Evtime2= Exp1
IF Evtime2 = Exp3 THEN Evtime2 = Evtime2 ELSE Evtime2 = Exp4

The only thing I found out is when I write the formula I have to add INDEX
to it:
=Evtime2(A6, A8, INDEX!M20,INDEX!M21,INDEX!M22,INDEX!M23,AT5). If I don't do
that the formula/function is not volitale to changes in the cells.

Thanks for all of you help guys I was totally lost on this one and could not
have done it without your help. I have been working on and off with this for
a couple of months and you helped me solve it in a week.
I sure am glad there are people out there like you guys who are willing to
help us out.

Bill_De
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Niek Otten

Glad you got it fixed, thanks for the feedback!

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten