Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
boothguy

Default My Excel formala is not returning the correct value

This is th formula:
=SUM(IF(Entry_Day_Range=1,IF($H$7:$H$300=GandA_Lab el,$I$7:$I$300,0),0))
only 1 value in the range fits criteria, but the sum of all values is being
returned.

When I check the formula in the functions window, it shows the correct
results, but the cell does not reflect that.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

You need to enter the formula with ctrl + shift & enter

Peo Sjoblom

http://nwexcelsolutions.com

"boothguy" wrote in message
This is th formula:
=SUM(IF(Entry_Day_Range=1,IF($H$7:$H$300=GandA_Lab el,$I$7:$I$300,0),0))
only 1 value in the range fits criteria, but the sum of all values is
being
returned.

When I check the formula in the functions window, it shows the correct
results, but the cell does not reflect that.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
boothguy

Amazing - why did that work, and how do I know when to use this in the future?

Thanks you very much!!!