Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
copying formula of multiple worksheets

Default formula between worksheets

Heres my formula =IF(B2=0,0,'1'!$P$31) 1 is worksheet 1, I have 310
worksheets and a total sheet, How can I copy this formula down to show
worksheet 2 then 3? thanks alot
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Patrick

Hi!

Are you trying to copy this exact same function to all the worksheets in
your workbook? To do that, highlight all the sheets you want to copy it down
to, and copy and paste it back into the original cell on the top sheet.
Excel will put it in all the subsequent sheets.

Be wary of where you use relative and absolute addressing here. :-)

"copying formula of multiple worksheets" wrote:

Heres my formula =IF(B2=0,0,'1'!$P$31) 1 is worksheet 1, I have 310
worksheets and a total sheet, How can I copy this formula down to show
worksheet 2 then 3? thanks alot

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Miguel Zapico

To gather the data of the cell $P$31 from the worksheets in a single total
sheet I would do the following:
- Write the numbers from 1 to 301 in column A
- Write this formula in column B: = A1 & "!$P$31"
- Rewrite the if formula to use indirect: =IF(D1=0,0,INDIRECT(B1))

You know better what layout works for you, but I hope this helps.

Miguel.

"copying formula of multiple worksheets" wrote:

Heres my formula =IF(B2=0,0,'1'!$P$31) 1 is worksheet 1, I have 310
worksheets and a total sheet, How can I copy this formula down to show
worksheet 2 then 3? thanks alot

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
copying formula of multiple worksheets

I am trying to fill down the same formula on my total sheet except change the
sheets without have to manually do it. example:

=IF(B2=0,0,'1'!$P$31) this is the first row on my total sheet refering to
worksheet number 1 cell p31

=IF(B2=0,0,'2'!$P$31) this would be row 2 on my total sheet refering to
worksheet number 2 cell p31

my problem is if I use the fill down it does not recognize the different
sheets and I have 310 of them