Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Neil M

Default If error function

This should be an easy one for me, but I'll be darned if I can figure it out.

I have 6 cells involved in one final answer.

A1 = (varies)
A2 = (varies)
A3 = (varies)
A4 = A1 * A3
A5 = varies
A6 = A4/A5

I keep getting the #DIV/0 error in A6

This is what I tried and it keeps giving me a circular reference message:

=IF(ISERROR(A6),"",(A4/A5))

Please Help!
Neil

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Niek Otten

Hi Neil,

=IF(ISERROR(A4/A5),"",(A4/A5))

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Neil M" wrote in message ...
| This should be an easy one for me, but I'll be darned if I can figure it out.
|
| I have 6 cells involved in one final answer.
|
| A1 = (varies)
| A2 = (varies)
| A3 = (varies)
| A4 = A1 * A3
| A5 = varies
| A6 = A4/A5
|
| I keep getting the #DIV/0 error in A6
|
| This is what I tried and it keeps giving me a circular reference message:
|
| =IF(ISERROR(A6),"",(A4/A5))
|
| Please Help!
| Neil

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Per Erik Midtrød

You get the message beacuse you are referencing the cell containing
the formula, try this instead:= IF(ISERROR(A4/4);"";A4/4)

Per Erik

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 09:34:02 -0700, Neil M
wrote:

This should be an easy one for me, but I'll be darned if I can figure it out.

I have 6 cells involved in one final answer.

A1 = (varies)
A2 = (varies)
A3 = (varies)
A4 = A1 * A3
A5 = varies
A6 = A4/A5

I keep getting the #DIV/0 error in A6

This is what I tried and it keeps giving me a circular reference message:

=IF(ISERROR(A6),"",(A4/A5))

Please Help!
Neil

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Niek Otten

Or, simpler, more direct,

=IF(A5=0,"",A4/A5)

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Niek Otten" wrote in message ...
| Hi Neil,
|
| =IF(ISERROR(A4/A5),"",(A4/A5))
|
| --
| Kind regards,
|
| Niek Otten
|

| "Neil M" wrote in message ...
|| This should be an easy one for me, but I'll be darned if I can figure it out.
|| I have 6 cells involved in one final answer.
|| A1 = (varies)
|| A2 = (varies)
|| A3 = (varies)
|| A4 = A1 * A3
|| A5 = varies
|| A6 = A4/A5
|| I keep getting the #DIV/0 error in A6
|| This is what I tried and it keeps giving me a circular reference message:
|| =IF(ISERROR(A6),"",(A4/A5))
|| Please Help!
|| Neil

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Neil M

This ione of those moments when you read the answer and then get the guy next
to you to slap you. I didn't even see it when I was typing the question!

DUHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Thank You Niek

"Niek Otten" wrote:

Hi Neil,

=IF(ISERROR(A4/A5),"",(A4/A5))

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Neil M" wrote in message ...
| This should be an easy one for me, but I'll be darned if I can figure it out.
|
| I have 6 cells involved in one final answer.
|
| A1 = (varies)
| A2 = (varies)
| A3 = (varies)
| A4 = A1 * A3
| A5 = varies
| A6 = A4/A5
|
| I keep getting the #DIV/0 error in A6
|
| This is what I tried and it keeps giving me a circular reference message:
|
| =IF(ISERROR(A6),"",(A4/A5))
|
| Please Help!
| Neil

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Niek Otten

It happens to all of us!

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Neil M" wrote in message ...
| This ione of those moments when you read the answer and then get the guy next
| to you to slap you. I didn't even see it when I was typing the question!
|
| DUHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
|
| Thank You Niek
|
| "Niek Otten" wrote:
|
| Hi Neil,
|
| =IF(ISERROR(A4/A5),"",(A4/A5))
|
| --
| Kind regards,
|
| Niek Otten
|

| "Neil M" wrote in message ...
| | This should be an easy one for me, but I'll be darned if I can figure it out.
| |
| | I have 6 cells involved in one final answer.
| |
| | A1 = (varies)
| | A2 = (varies)
| | A3 = (varies)
| | A4 = A1 * A3
| | A5 = varies
| | A6 = A4/A5
| |
| | I keep getting the #DIV/0 error in A6
| |
| | This is what I tried and it keeps giving me a circular reference message:
| |
| | =IF(ISERROR(A6),"",(A4/A5))
| |
| | Please Help!