Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
BKGT

Default Matching a value that appears multiple times

I have 2 columns with data in them, basically representing a gaussian
distribution. Column A has the "X-axis" values and so is uniformly
ascending with no duplicates. Column B has the "Y-axis" values and
increases up to a maximum and then decreases again (this is data from
an instrument and so its not completely smooth but is close). An
example is below.

0 4
1 8
2 16
3 27
4 50
5 27
6 16
7 8
8 4

What I would like to do is get the 2 Column A values where the
corresponding column B value is half of the max (in the case above, 25
is not available so the closest is 27). I am trying to calculate the
difference between these values, so in the example, I would have 5-3.
Is there a way to do this?

Thanks.

--
BKGT