Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
the swimmer

Default sorting multiple minimum times

Hi all
I've created a database with times recorded for individuals in each
event, distance etc swum. This gives a list from which I need to get
the minimum time swum by each competitor in each event taking say the
best ten times overall in each group. Its easy to sort out the best 10
times using a function like 'small' but I need to filter sorting out
best 10 times in each group by competitor event, age of competitor and
possibly other criteria (like male/female etc) At present I'm stumped
any help would be appreciated. I've seen some bespoke add ins available
from people like dbdig but feel sure it can be done by advanced
filtering and formulas. Any help appreciated.

--
the swimmer
the swimmer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29863

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jacob_F_Roecker

I'm willing to take the challenge but unfortunatley I'm a visual kinda guy.
If you feel comfortable sending me the spreadsheet I'd be willing to take a
look.

I used to swim in High School. 100m Butterfly. So I understand what you're
trying to get at.

Send the file and I'll do what I can.

-Jacob F. Roecker