Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
EZW

Default Calculations Based on Format

Is there a way to calculate cells based on their format? In other words if a
cell is formatted with say Red it is counted/summed, if Blue it is not??
--
EZW
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

See Chip Pearson's site for methods to count/sum by color.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 16:51:02 -0700, EZW wrote:

Is there a way to calculate cells based on their format? In other words if a
cell is formatted with say Red it is counted/summed, if Blue it is not??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
davesexcel

Here are two sites that have the function codes to count coloured
cells:

http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld....nter.html#code

and here

http://www.mrexcel.com/td0106.html