-   -   How do I create a Macro to sort data and insert blank rows & subto (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/85207-how-do-i-create-macro-sort-data-insert-blank-rows-subto.html)

karinmpfa

How do I create a Macro to sort data and insert blank rows & subto

My worksheet is sorted by customer first, then product with different package
configuations. Each customer can have 1 product or many products. I want to
sort through each customer by name and when I get to the last row, insert a
space. Then I want to jump over several columns and enter a subtotal for
that customer. I will have several columns with a sub total in each for a
customer.

David

How do I create a Macro to sort data and insert blank rows & subto

Why not just use Data/Subtotals menu?
--
David

"karinmpfa" wrote:

My worksheet is sorted by customer first, then product with different package
configuations. Each customer can have 1 product or many products. I want to
sort through each customer by name and when I get to the last row, insert a
space. Then I want to jump over several columns and enter a subtotal for
that customer. I will have several columns with a sub total in each for a
customer.

karinmpfa

How do I create a Macro to sort data and insert blank rows & s

Will that automatically insert a row in between each customer?