Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Brenda L. Carroll

Default How can I create a customer database to use with an invoice?

I would like to create a database of clients in Microsoft Office 2003 in
order to merge with an invoice without typing the customer information
everytime I need an invoice. I would like to be able to enter the client ID
#, which would import all the client mailing information I need for the
invoice.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

Brenda

You can use a series of VLOOKUP formulas and a Lookup table to return customer
info to various cells based on the entry of an ID number.

Check out Help on creating a Lookup table and using the VLOOKUP Function.

Also visit Debra Dalgleish's site for more on Data Validation drop-down lists
and VLOOKUP formulas.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlFunctions02.html

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP