Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
sangeeta

Default min function

Hi -

Thanks for any help on this.

I have a spreadsheet that looks like

MATURITY AUSTRIA BELGIUM FINLAND FRANCE
4/24/2006 2.651 0 2.651 2.507
5/18/2006 2.651 2.507 2.651 2.507
7/20/2006 2.779 2.582 0 2.582
10/19/2006 2.932 2.765 2.932 2.765
4/30/2007 3.012 3.198 3.198 3.012

I need help with 2 issues:
1) I need to pick minimum non zero number for a given row
2) I need to know for the minimum as ascertained in 1) , what is the
country eg. for 4/24/2006 - minimum is 2.507 and the country is France

Thanks.

Sangeeta:)

--
sangeeta
sangeeta's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33826

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

"sangeeta" wrote in
message ...

Hi -

Thanks for any help on this.

I have a spreadsheet that looks like

MATURITY AUSTRIA BELGIUM FINLAND FRANCE
4/24/2006 2.651 0 2.651 2.507
5/18/2006 2.651 2.507 2.651 2.507
7/20/2006 2.779 2.582 0 2.582
10/19/2006 2.932 2.765 2.932 2.765
4/30/2007 3.012 3.198 3.198 3.012

I need help with 2 issues:
1) I need to pick minimum non zero number for a given row

=MIN(IF(B2:E2<0,B2:E2))

which is an array formula, it should be committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, not
just Enter.

2) I need to know for the minimum as ascertained in 1) , what is the
country eg. for 4/24/2006 - minimum is 2.507 and the country is France

=INDEX(B$1:E$1,MATCH(MIN(IF(B2:E2<0,B2:E2)),B2:E2 ,0))

also an array formula

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier

Hi Sangeeta

The following is an array formula, so you must commit (or amend) using
Ctrl+Shift+Enter not just Enter.
Do not type the curly braces { } yourself, Excel will include them for
you when you use Ctrl+Shift+Enter

{=INDEX($A$1:$E$1,MATCH(MIN(IF(A2:E20,A2:E2,100)) ,A2:E2,0))}

This formula does not break ties however. In row 2 of your data where
Belgium and France each have values of 2.507 which are both the lowest
values, the formula will return the first country in the header row,
Belgium.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"sangeeta" wrote
in message ...

Hi -

Thanks for any help on this.

I have a spreadsheet that looks like

MATURITY AUSTRIA BELGIUM FINLAND FRANCE
4/24/2006 2.651 0 2.651 2.507
5/18/2006 2.651 2.507 2.651 2.507
7/20/2006 2.779 2.582 0 2.582
10/19/2006 2.932 2.765 2.932 2.765
4/30/2007 3.012 3.198 3.198 3.012

I need help with 2 issues:
1) I need to pick minimum non zero number for a given row
2) I need to know for the minimum as ascertained in 1) , what is the
country eg. for 4/24/2006 - minimum is 2.507 and the country is France

Thanks.

Sangeeta:)

--
sangeeta
sangeeta's Profile:
View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
sangeeta

That worked - thanks a lot

--
sangeeta
sangeeta's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33826
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=536010

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
sangeeta

Is it possible to get all the countries with minimum values in the
result set?

Thanks.
Sangeeta

--
sangeeta
sangeeta's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33826
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=536010

Creating a Custom Excel Function to Calculate Gini Coefficients [email protected] Excel Worksheet Functions 3 February 21st 06 10:15 PM
Date & Time mully New Users to Excel 4 May 23rd 05 11:56 AM
Hyperlinks using R[1]C[1] and offset function in its cell referenc Elijah-Dadda Excel Worksheet Functions 0 March 5th 05 03:31 AM
Conversion SVC Excel Worksheet Functions 9 February 28th 05 02:29 PM
HOW CAN I GET OFFICE 2003 EXCEL BASIC TO NEST FUNCTIONS LIKE EXCE. Robert AS Excel Worksheet Functions 4 December 2nd 04 10:49 AM