Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mary P.

Default Can excel alphabetize a list of names?

I have to type a list of approximately 1,000 student names, among other
functions, and my supervisor wants the names in alphabetical order. Can
Excel alphabetize the names for me or do I have to do it manually?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jim Cone

Excel has a built-in sort feature.
You find it on the "Data" menu at the top of the screen.

When you enter the names on the worksheet, enter the
first, middle and last name in separate adjoining columns.
If you enter the full name in just one column, it becomes
extremely difficult to sort by last name.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Mary P."