Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Nadine needs help!!

Default Excel and Word

I have a document in word that we use as a template but, there is information
that we need to input into it on a daily basis - we are currently using
find/replace. It is a long document - does anyone if I can make a program
that has macros in it in Excel which will replace text in word?? Any
information on this would be helpful.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
pdberger

Nadine --

If you're trying to enter sets of related information (for example, first
name, last name, address, balance owed, zodiac sign, etc.) then you can use
Word and Excel well and easily. Basically,
1) Set up the table of information in Excel -- one row per record -- with
labels at the top. Save the file, and remember where it is.
2) Open the Word document and use the MailMerge function. You'll be
looking for info from an Excel file, and that should guide through enough of
the steps to make it work.

HTH

"Nadine needs help!!" wrote:

I have a document in word that we use as a template but, there is information
that we need to input into it on a daily basis - we are currently using
find/replace. It is a long document - does anyone if I can make a program
that has macros in it in Excel which will replace text in word?? Any
information on this would be helpful.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Heather Heritage

Not enough information, but IF the information comes from a daily updated
Excel file, why not try Edit Paste Special, paste links to get the data into
Word - alternatively, with VBA and bookmarks, you could pull the information
in
"Nadine needs help!!" wrote in
message ...