Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Use VLookup for range of cells, but with a twist

Hi

I have a workbook in which Sheet1 contains a list of unique enquiry
numbers in column E, and a name in column C.

Sheet 2 also contains the same data - Name in column A; enquiry number
in column B and a third column C with a numeric value in it (time spent
on enquiry).

I need to create a formula that will look at the value from E in Sheet
1, match it to a value in B in Sheet 2, then compare the name in column
A Sheet2 to column C in Sheet1. If I have a complete match then I want
to input value from C in Sheet 2 into a new column in sheet 1.

Can anyone help, or perhaps point out a more simpler way of getting
this data across?

Many thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
xlbo

Hi

Simply use an IF statement to test the result:

In this case, however, you cannot use VLOOKUP as you need to lookleft
instead of right. If you can change the order of the columns, you can, as I
say, just use an IF statement to test the result

eg.
=IF( Vlookup(EnquiryNo., LookupRange,2,false) = EmpName,Vlookup(EnquiryNo.,
LookupRange,2,false),"")

--
Rgds, Geoff

"A crash reduces