Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
VDTCJT

Default how can i recover an old saved spreadsheet

I was working on a spreadsheet that took me 7 hrs & I saved it by pressing
the save disc on the toolbar...I thought i emailed it to myself but instead I
emailed a blank & when I opened the email to view it the next day it the
download mgr said you already have a file with this name do you want to
replace it & i said yes...
And it was a blank sheet that was saved. Is there anyway to recover the lost
data?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
feliks27

On the Standard toolbar, click Open .
In the folder list, locate and double-click the folder where recovered
files are stored.
[i]For Microsoft Windows 2000 operating systems, the location is
usually C:\documents and settings\<username\Application
Data\Microsoft\<program name.
In the Files of type box, click All Files.
Each recovered file is named "AutoRecover Save of file name" and has
the program file name extension.

Click the name of the file you want to recover, and then click Open.

this is some tip for

or on a blank sheet select the area that could be the size of your lost
sheet
then in formula bar type: = ([name of the file];[sheet name])
i hope that will recover your data....it worked when i have tried

--
feliks27
feliks27's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33770