Josh O.

Default vlookup error

I am trying to create a lookup formula to pull data from on worksheet to
another.
On tab 1 there are 2 sets of data for two different publications, on tab 2
cell a1 I want to lookup the value from tab 1 total column for pub 1 and on
tab 2 cell b1 I want the total from pub 2. The spreadsheet is laid out as
follows:
Tab 1
Customer|Customer #|...|Pub #|Total
Any Co. |847300001 |...|Pub 1|$1.00
Any Co. |847300001 |...|Pub 2|$2.00

Tab 2
Customer|Customer #|Pub 1 Total|Pub 2 Total
Any Co. | 847300001 | $1.00 | $2.00

I have all the info on tab 1, and most of tab 2. I just need to make a
formula to lookup the pub total for each pub.

Josh O.

Thats not what I need. I have 300 customers listed, I need the individual
total. The next two rows on the tab 1 are for customer 847300002 and so on.
I need to pull pub one total for each customer, and also pub 2 total for each
customer and populate the total into the appropriate column on tab 2.

"Josh O." wrote:

I am trying to create a lookup formula to pull data from on worksheet to
another.
On tab 1 there are 2 sets of data for two different publications, on tab 2
cell a1 I want to lookup the value from tab 1 total column for pub 1 and on
tab 2 cell b1 I want the total from pub 2. The spreadsheet is laid out as
follows:
Tab 1
Customer|Customer #|...|Pub #|Total
Any Co. |847300001 |...|Pub 1|$1.00
Any Co. |847300001 |...|Pub 2|$2.00

Tab 2
Customer|Customer #|Pub 1 Total|Pub 2 Total
Any Co. | 847300001 | $1.00 | $2.00

I have all the info on tab 1, and most of tab 2. I just need to make a
formula to lookup the pub total for each pub.

Josh O.

Peo, I guess I don't see what you are trying to do with this formula. I am
not familiar with how it works. Could you explain it a little more?

My final goal is just to pull one number from tab 1 and place it on tab 2.
The problem is that when looking up the customer number on tab 1, I need to
specify whether I am looking for the number from pub 1 or pub 2, because
there is two of the same customer # on tab 1. Let me know if you understand
what I am trying to do, or if I just understand how the formula will help me.

"Josh O." wrote:

I am trying to create a lookup formula to pull data from on worksheet to
another.
On tab 1 there are 2 sets of data for two different publications, on tab 2
cell a1 I want to lookup the value from tab 1 total column for pub 1 and on
tab 2 cell b1 I want the total from pub 2. The spreadsheet is laid out as
follows:
Tab 1
Customer|Customer #|...|Pub #|Total
Any Co. |847300001 |...|Pub 1|$1.00
Any Co. |847300001 |...|Pub 2|$2.00

Tab 2
Customer|Customer #|Pub 1 Total|Pub 2 Total
Any Co. | 847300001 | $1.00 | $2.00

I have all the info on tab 1, and most of tab 2. I just need to make a
formula to lookup the pub total for each pub.

Frank Kabel

Hi
and maybe for future reference :-)

Regards