Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mark M

Default lookup value and return result in column to left

Since my array is not in ascending order, my result is NA
I am attempting to get a value in column A to be the result of searching in
colum B based on the lookup value in cell G1. My column B is not in ascending
order. Column A is a ranking column of 1-44. (In other words, I am seraching
for John Doe in column B. The result should be the ranking position on in the
same row of column A)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ragdyer

Try this:

=INDEX(A1:A100,MATCH(G1,B1:B100,0))

--
HTH,

RD

"Mark M" <Mark wrote in message
Since my array is not in ascending order, my result is NA
I am attempting to get a value in column A to be the result of searching

in
colum B based on the lookup value in cell G1. My column B is not in

ascending
order. Column A is a ranking column of 1-44. (In other words, I am

seraching
for John Doe in column B. The result should be the ranking position on in

the
same row of column A)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ragdyer

Appreciate the feed-back.

RD

"Mark M" wrote in message
AWESOME!! It worked. Thank You!

"Ragdyer" wrote:

Try this:

=INDEX(A1:A100,MATCH(G1,B1:B100,0))

--
HTH,

RD

-
Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit

!

-