carl

Default IF Question

I have a lookup formula in col b that returns #N/A if it does not find the
lookup value. I would like to put a formula in col c that will only apply if
the value in col b is not #N/A.

here's how my data looks and the formula in colb is if(a2<"open",D1,"")

State Symbol
closed ABC
open

Thank you in advance.
JulieD

Hi Carl

touch confused as you say that you have a lookup formula in col b that
returns #N/A but then you say that the formula in col b is
if(a2<"open",D1,"") - which isn't a lookup formula

in any case, is this what you're after
=IF(ISNA(lookup_formula),"",lookup_formula)
where the lookup_formula is the formula that returns the #N/A

or
=IF(ISNA(B1),"",other_formula)
where B1 contains the lookup formula that returns the #N/A and other_formula
is what you want to do if B1 doens't contain #NA.

Hope this helps
Cheers
JulieD