Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
autowizz

Default Need help setting up a spreadsheet of some sorts.

I am looking for help in setting up a spreadsheet of some sorts to use at a
car show.

The participants of the show have judging forms, they write down a car
number for each of the 28 classes in the show that they are voting for and
then they turn them in and they get counted.

I am looking for some type of spreadsheet I can run on a laptop and as the
forms are turned in, someone can just enter the numbers that have been
written down in and the spreadsheet will count them up and tally them all for
me?? Telling me which car numbers received the most votes in each class

Is there something out there that will work for me??

Please let me know and thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
John James

Put your 28 classes at the top of each column and put your votes for
each person on each row below the class headings. A sum function at
the bottom (or at the top) gives you the result

You can use window freeze to hold your titles in view.

--
John James
John James's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32690

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
John James

Quite right, Duke, and Mode doesn't help where there is a tie.

Here's a detailed method that will show all votes.

In Row 1 type headings:
VoterID in A1
Class1 in B1 to Class28 in AC28

Use Rows 2 to 100 as one row for each vote

In Row 102 type headings:
Votes1 in B102 to Votes28 in AC102
CarsClass1 in AE102 to CarsClass28 in BF102

From AE103 to BF103 and downwards, enter the Car Identifiers within
each class (i.e. the cars which are being voted for)

In B103 enter this formula
=IF(AE103="","",SUMPRODUCT(--(B$2:B$100=AE103)))

Copy the formula in B103 to the range which includes B103, AC103, and
as far down as necessary to cover the maximum number of voting
possibilities for all classes. i.e if the maximum number of cars in a
class is 20 then copy down 20 rows.

When the votes are entered in the range A2 to AC100, then the table of
results starting at B102 is automatically updated, with all votes
shown

If you then dump column AD, you can sort descending on any column in
your table (from B103) to see the winner(s) in the sorted order.

Duke Carey Wrote:
Not SUM(), but MODE() will tell you what car number appears most often

--
John James
John James's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32690
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=534011

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
autowizz

WOW, thanks...

But I am kinda lost and new to using excel. So I am not quite sure how or
where to enter all the info you posted :(

"John James" wrote:

Quite right, Duke, and Mode doesn't help where there is a tie.

Here's a detailed method that will show all votes.

In Row 1 type headings:
VoterID in A1
Class1 in B1 to Class28 in AC28

Use Rows 2 to 100 as one row for each vote

In Row 102 type headings:
Votes1 in B102 to Votes28 in AC102
CarsClass1 in AE102 to CarsClass28 in BF102

From AE103 to BF103 and downwards, enter the Car Identifiers within