luckyou_854

Default Analyzing non numerical data in an excel spread sheet

Can i use excel to analyze non numerical data in a spread sheet?
I want to use functions to work out operator results using two or more
criteria based on daily results. is this possible?
colum one is date
collum 2 is ref word for his result which has 4 different variables
collum 3 is operater
but the operators initial will appear on more than one occasion on a set
date with different results each time.
what i want to do is look up the date, the operator and the number of times
each variable appears for that operator?
how is this possible
Max

You've got a couple of responses at your first post
--
Rgds
Max