mbparks

Default use a date range as criteria in a countif formula

I would like to create a COUNTIF formula and use a date range (9/1/04 through
9/30/04) as the criteria. How do I phrase the formula?
Max

One way:

Assuming the dates to be counted are in col A,
and you have the criteria start / end dates
in B1: 9/1/04, in C1: 9/30/04

you could put in D1:
=COUNTIF(A:A,"="&B1)-COUNTIF(A:A,""&C1)

Format D1 as General or Number

--
Rgds
Max

"mbparks" wrote:

I would like to create a COUNTIF formula and use a date range (9/1/04 through
9/30/04) as the criteria. How do I phrase the formula?

Max

You're welcome !
Thanks for feedback
Happy new year !