ExcelBanter

-   -   use a date range as criteria in a countif formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/8385-use-date-range-criteria-countif-formula.html)

mbparks December 29th 04 04:09 AM

use a date range as criteria in a countif formula

I would like to create a COUNTIF formula and use a date range (9/1/04 through
9/30/04) as the criteria. How do I phrase the formula?

Max December 29th 04 04:43 AM

One way:

Assuming the dates to be counted are in col A,
and you have the criteria start / end dates
in B1: 9/1/04, in C1: 9/30/04

you could put in D1:
=COUNTIF(A:A,"="&B1)-COUNTIF(A:A,""&C1)

Format D1 as General or Number