Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sharon

Default Return a formula as text string to a cell

Hi - I would be really grateful if anybody knows a function to return the
formula contained in one cell to another cell as a text string?

Thanks
--
Sharon
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gary''s Student

Try this tiny UDF:

Function textit(r As Range) As String
textit = Chr(39) & r.Formula
End Function

If A1 has a formula, then =textit(A1) will display it
--
Gary''s Student

"Sharon" wrote:

Hi - I would be really grateful if anybody knows a function to return the
formula contained in one cell to another cell as a text string?

Thanks
--
Sharon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Don Guillett

Put this in a REGULAR code module and then just type =stringit(c4)

Function stringit(x)
stringit = x.Formula
End Function

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Sharon" wrote in message
Hi - I would be really grateful if anybody knows a function to return the
formula contained in one cell to another cell as a text string?

Thanks
--
Sharon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

There is no such beast but you can roll your own

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/formula.htm

Peo Sjoblom

http://nwexcelsolutions.com