Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike

Default function to populate different cell

Hi.

Are there any functions that would populate another cell with data

e.g.

I have a very large spreadsheet in which columns A and B are filled with
formulas - (some absolute, some relative) - linked to other sheets in the
same workbook

Is there any function that I could insert in say column C that would blank
the formula in Column B - if cell A contained a specific text/value

e.g. in Column A, there are a lot of rows that contain formulas that return
"Davis" and in column B there are a lot of formulas that contain their
corresponding daily sales. I would like to entirely blank/remove the
formulas in Column B - only if Column A is "Davis" - and leave other
existing formulas in Columns A and B intact.

I have tried sorting by the contents of Column A and then blanking out the
corresponding formulas in Column B - but when I resort to the original
layout - I get a lot of #REF's - in other columns that have nothing to do
with the values in Columns A or B. Whereas if I manually blank out those
specific cells in Column B - I don't get any #REF's

Many thanks

Mike