Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CJ

Default exponentials

I want to calculate x^d where d is eiter a positive or negative number. I
thought that this could be accomplished with logarithms to the base 10. So if
d is say 3 then 3*logx= some number but here is the problem. How to convert
the result back into 8 whole number that is base 10. For example, if d is
positive and 3 and x is 2 then using a calculator: 2^3 = 3log2=3*.301029
=.903089 then the anti log of .903089 = 8. I can't find the antilog function
in the 2000 Excel. If d is negative then this may be the only way to do it.
Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dana DeLouis

Hi. In cell A1, we can enter...

=3*LOG10(2)
to get your 0.90309

In another cell we can enter either of these...
=10^A1
=POWER(10,A1)

to get 8.
--