Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
AndersonGirl

Default Help with a function button within a cell

I just downloaded a format from microsoft online and on the top of the
columns (like the header<name cell) there is a button that you can click
that opens a bix that allows you to sort. I know how to do it just by the
tools menu, but how do you actually enter that button into a cell. I can't
figure it out. And I would like to know how to do that from scratch with out
having to download a format. The format that I found this in is:Job applicant
data and comparison table, in the human resources formats.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Elkar

Sounds like you might be referring to the AutoFilter? If so, select the
column(s) you want the buttons to appear in. Then from the Data Menu, select
Filter, then AutoFilter. Is that what you were asking?

HTH,
Elkar

"AndersonGirl" wrote:

I just downloaded a format from microsoft online and on the top of the
columns (like the header<name cell) there is a button that you can click
that opens a bix that allows you to sort. I know how to do it just by the
tools menu, but how do you actually enter that button into a cell. I can't
figure it out. And I would like to know how to do that from scratch with out
having to download a format. The format that I found this in is:Job applicant
data and comparison table, in the human resources formats.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Carim

Hi,

Data Filter AutoFilter