Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sum if need help

Hi,

I am new to excel formulas I am trying to count two criteria each is in
a different column I found this formula in Excel help but it keeps
giving me !Value instead of a number any help would be greatly
appreciated

The formula is =SUM(IF(B3:B65="CCO",IF(D3:D65="Access and
Permission",1,0)))

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

Did you enter the formula with ctrl + shift & enter?

Also note that if you happen to have an error in any of the ranges you will
get that particular error

Peo Sjoblom

http://nwexcelsolutions.com

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

I am new to excel formulas I am trying to count two criteria each is in
a different column I found this formula in Excel help but it keeps
giving me !Value instead of a number any help would be greatly
appreciated

The formula is =SUM(IF(B3:B65="CCO",IF(D3:D65="Access and
Permission",1,0)))

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Terry Bennett

Patrick

I assume you are trying to cound the number of instances when the 2 criteria
mentioned coincide? If so, try:

=SUMPRODUCT((B3:B65="CCO")*(D3:D65="Access and Permission"))

Terry

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

I am new to excel formulas I am trying to count two criteria each is in
a different column I found this formula in Excel help but it keeps
giving me !Value instead of a number any help would be greatly
appreciated

The formula is =SUM(IF(B3:B65="CCO",IF(D3:D65="Access and
Permission",1,0)))

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

While your formula works it will return the same result as the one the OP
posted.

Peo Sjoblom

http://nwexcelsolutions.com