Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
FirstWizardZedd

Default Changing Text format in a function

Hi Everyone,

I have a question. I formula that generates a string result that I
would like to do some formating with. I would like to bold the text and
change the text color. But I do not want to do it to the whole cell.
Just a portion of the text.

HERE IS AN EXAMPLE:
A1 = 4/3/2006
A3 = 1

_Formula_in_B3_
="Week "&A3&": " & TEXT($A$1+((A3-1)*7),"[RED][BOLD]Mmm d 'yy")

_Formula_Result_in_B3_
Week 1: *Apr 3 '06*

I am trying to use the Text formula, but it does not recognize the
color request.

Any help will be appreciated.
thanks
BDS

--
FirstWizardZedd
FirstWizardZedd's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33506

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

Not possible to format part of a formula

Peo Sjoblom

http://nwexcelsolutions.com

"FirstWizardZedd"
<FirstWizardZedd.269ooc_1145039702.6453@excelfor um-nospam.com wrote in