Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tomek S

Default seeking of array

I have one question. I think it will be simple for You.

For exaple I have array:

Length Width Thickness Mass
40 40 2,0 1
40 40 3,0 2
40 40 3,5 3
40 60 2,0 5
40 80 3,0 8

I would like to find a value of mass when I know value of Length, Width and
Thickness. How can I do it? Do You have any suggestions?

BSTR

Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ken Johnson

Hi Tomek S,

Mass = Length*Width*Thickness*Density, so you need to know the Density.

Ken Johnson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tomek S

I don't want to calculate mass!! I wanto to find in the array value of mass
when I know values of Width, Length and thickness. I want to seek array to
find this value!!

Best Redards

Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ken Johnson

Sorry about that!
If required length is in A1, required Width in B1, required Thickness
is in C1 then...

=SUMPRODUCT((A2:A6=A1)*(B2:B6=B1)*(C2:C6=C1)*D2:D6 ) will return the
Mass

Just change the array addresses to include all of you data.

Ken Johnson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ken Johnson

Hi Tom,
Maybe you meant Best Retards, which is what I felt like after my first
reply:-)
Ken Johnson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tomek S

Uzytkownik "Ken Johnson" napisal w wiadomosci
oups.com...
Hi Tom,
Maybe you meant Best Retards, which is what I felt like after my first
reply:-)
Ken Johnson

No! I meant Best Regards :). My mistake but I admit Your post wasn't funny
( at first moment).

Best regard :)

Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ashish Mathur

Hi,

Though sumproduct is a better formula to use, here is an array formula
alternative (Ctrl+Shift+Enter)

=sum(if((rangeA=length)*(rangeB=width)*(rangeB=thi ckness),rangeC))

Regards,

Ashish Mathur