Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Copper6203

Default Is there a go to function in excell

Is there a "go to" function in Excel? What I want to do is have a conditional
if statement where if data in the previous cell equals a given variable, then
you would be automatically redirected to another cell.

This is what Im trying to do: =if(c11=x,go to d11)

Thanks in advance!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

You can only do this by using an event macro which of course can be turned
off when the user opens the workbook

Peo Sjoblom

http://nwexcelsolutions.com

"Copper6203" wrote in message
Is there a "go to" function in Excel? What I want to do is have a
conditional
if statement where if data in the previous cell equals a given variable,
then
you would be automatically redirected to another cell.

This is what I'm trying to do: =if(c11="x",go to d11)

Thanks in advance!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
QC Coug

The following formula will look at c11 and if it is x it will pull the value
for d11. If it isn't X then it will be blank ("").

=if(c11=x,d11,"")

"Copper6203" wrote:

Is there a "go to" function in Excel? What I want to do is have a conditional
if statement where if data in the previous cell equals a given variable, then
you would be automatically redirected to another cell.

This is what Im trying to do: =if(c11=x,go to d11)

Thanks in advance!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Carim

Hi,

Only with an event macro stored in the worksheet module ...
Set Target = Range("C11")
If Target.Value = "x" Then '<<<< change cell
Application.Goto Range("D11")
End Sub

HTH
Cheers
Carim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Copper6203

WHat I'm trying to do is actually move the pointer from the "c11" cell to the
cell "d11" cell. I have been able to figure out move the data from one cell
to another. What I have set up and am trying to do, is a form in excell where
I have yes, no, and don't know data cells. If a student puts a "x" in the yes
cell, I want to then have the pointer move to the next "yes" cell in the next
row down.

Thanks!!

Date & Time mully New Users to Excel 4 May 23rd 05 11:56 AM
Conversion SVC Excel Worksheet Functions 9 February 28th 05 02:29 PM
Using the mail merge function from excell Sheila Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 February 18th 05 11:45 PM
Formula to list unique values JaneC Excel Worksheet Functions 4 December 10th 04 12:25 AM
HOW CAN I GET OFFICE 2003 EXCEL BASIC TO NEST FUNCTIONS LIKE EXCE. Robert AS Excel Worksheet Functions 4 December 2nd 04 10:49 AM