Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Darren1o1

Default To get values into an array

I need a function to check a Column of data and check if it is "Feasible" or
"Unfeasible". In the next column of data the is measurements. I need to get
the measurements of the "Feasible" data into of an array.
Eg.
Column a = Feasible?
Column b = Inductance (Tesla)

Feasible? Inductance (Tesla)
Feasible 1,17621E-06
Feasible 1,59844E-06
Feasible 2,05083E-06
Feasible 2,5937E-06
Feasible 3,16673E-06

Should end up with the inductance values in an array if they are feasible.
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

=IF(A1:A100="Feasible",B1:B100)

which is an array formula, it should be committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, not
just Enter.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Darren1o1" wrote in message
I need a function to check a Column of data and check if it is "Feasible"

or
"Unfeasible". In the next column of data the is measurements. I need to

get
the measurements of the "Feasible" data into of an array.
Eg.
Column a = Feasible?
Column b = Inductance (Tesla)

Feasible? Inductance (Tesla)
Feasible 1,17621E-06
Feasible 1,59844E-06
Feasible 2,05083E-06
Feasible 2,5937E-06
Feasible 3,16673E-06

Should end up with the inductance values in an array if they are feasible.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

It returns an array, which is what you aid you wanted. You need to do
something with that array, embed it in another formula.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Darren1o1" wrote in message
I need a function to check a Column of data and check if it is

"Feasible"
or
"Unfeasible". In the next column of data the is measurements. I need

get
the measurements of the "Feasible" data into of an array.
Eg.
Column a = Feasible?
Column b = Inductance (Tesla)

Feasible? Inductance (Tesla)
Feasible 1,17621E-06
Feasible 1,59844E-06
Feasible 2,05083E-06
Feasible 2,5937E-06
Feasible 3,16673E-06

Should end up with the inductance values in an array if they are

feasible.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Darren1o1

What i need is to see the values, these are the output of the formulae (the
feasible size numbers for the project) how could i do this?? thanks again

"Darren1o1" wrote in message
I need a function to check a Column of data and check if it is

"Feasible"
or
"Unfeasible". In the next column of data the is measurements. I need

get
the measurements of the "Feasible" data into of an array.
Eg.
Column a = Feasible?
Column b = Inductance (Tesla)

Feasible? Inductance (Tesla)
Feasible 1,17621E-06
Feasible 1,59844E-06
Feasible 2,05083E-06
Feasible 2,5937E-06
Feasible 3,16673E-06

Should end up with the inductance values in an array if they are

feasible.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Select the range where you want to see the results (all of them), then enter
this into the formula bar

=IF(ISERROR(SMALL(IF($A$1:$A$20="Feasible",ROW($A1 :$A20),""),ROW($A1:$A20)))
,"",
INDEX($B$1:$B$20,SMALL(IF($A$1:$A$20="Feasible",RO W($A1:$A20),""),ROW($A1:$A
20))))

"Darren1o1" wrote in message
I need a function to check a Column of data and check if it is

"Feasible"
or
"Unfeasible". In the next column of data the is measurements. I

need
get
the measurements of the "Feasible" data into of an array.
Eg.
Column a = Feasible?
Column b = Inductance (Tesla)

Feasible? Inductance (Tesla)
Feasible 1,17621E-06
Feasible 1,59844E-06
Feasible 2,05083E-06
Feasible 2,5937E-06
Feasible 3,16673E-06

Should end up with the inductance values in an array if they are

feasible.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Alan Beban

Ifthe functions in the freely downloadable file at
http://home.pacbell.net/beban are available to your workbook

=VLookups("Feasible",a2:b6,2) array entered into a column long enough to
accommodate the output.

Alan Beban

Darren1o1 wrote:
I need a function to check a Column of data and check if it is "Feasible" or
"Unfeasible". In the next column of data the is measurements. I need to get
the measurements of the "Feasible" data into of an array.
Eg.
Column a = Feasible?
Column b = Inductance (Tesla)

Feasible? Inductance (Tesla)
Feasible 1,17621E-06
Feasible 1,59844E-06
Feasible 2,05083E-06
Feasible 2,5937E-06
Feasible 3,16673E-06

Should end up with the inductance values in an array if they are feasible.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Harlan Grove

Bob Phillips wrote...
Select the range where you want to see the results (all of them), then enter
this into the formula bar

=IF(ISERROR(SMALL(IF($A$1:$A$20="Feasible",ROW($A 1:$A20),""),
ROW($A1:$A20))),"",INDEX($B$1:$B$20,SMALL(IF($A$1 :$A$20="Feasible",
ROW($A1:$A20),""),ROW($A1:$A20))))

which is an array formula, it should be committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, not
just Enter.

I really don't think you understand the nature of the array the OP
wants. Of course, the OP provided a poor example of what he needs.

"Darren1o1" wrote in message
I need a function to check a Column of data and check if it is "Feasible"
or "Unfeasible". In the next column of data the is measurements. I need

The opposite of feasible is infeasible, not unfeasible.

to get the measurements of the "Feasible" data into of an array.
Eg.

Replacing your example with

Feasible? Inductance
Feasible 1
Infeasible 2
Feasible 3
Feasible 4
Infeasible 5
Feasible 6

do you want an array like either {1;FALSE;3;4;FALSE;6} or
{1;"";3;4;"";6}, or do you want an array like {1;3;4;6}? Bob has
provided formulas for both of the former. If you want the latter, then
it requires a volatile OFFSET call.

N(OFFSET(B1:B6,SMALL(IF(A1:A6="F",ROW(B1:B6)-ROW(INDEX(B1:B6,1,1))),
ROW(INDEX($1:$65536,1,1):INDEX($1:$65536,COUNTIF(A 1:A6,"F"),1))),0,1,1))

This can be used as a term in longer formulas, but it can't be nested
very deeply.