Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
amoore

Default extend my formula with increments of 4 cells

I need to make a spreadsheet with formulas linking 2 pages together. The
formula is a IF formula and, going down the column, is in increments of 4
cells. ie: B4, B8, B12, etc. When I drag to fill the column with the formula
it automatically goes B5, B9, B13, B6, B10, etc. Hoy do I fix this so it is
one continuous stream of formulas incremented by 4 cells without writing in
each one. (long list!!)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Duke Carey

The usual way is to use OFFSET(), but know what your formula is makes it
possible for somebody here to give you clear, concise advice. please post it
so we can better help you

"amoore" wrote:

I need to make a spreadsheet with formulas linking 2 pages together. The
formula is a IF formula and, going down the column, is in increments of 4
cells. ie: B4, B8, B12, etc. When I drag to fill the column with the formula
it automatically goes B5, B9, B13, B6, B10, etc. Hoy do I fix this so it is
one continuous stream of formulas incremented by 4 cells without writing in
each one. (long list!!)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Niek Otten

=INDIRECT("b"&ROW()*4)

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"amoore" wrote in message ...
I need to make a spreadsheet with formulas linking 2 pages together. The
formula is a IF formula and, going down the column, is in increments of 4
cells. ie: B4, B8, B12, etc. When I drag to fill the column with the formula
it automatically goes B5, B9, B13, B6, B10, etc. Hoy do I fix this so it is
one continuous stream of formulas incremented by 4 cells without writing in
each one. (long list!!)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
amoore

Duke,
Thanks, Here is my formula:

=IF(Paid!E4<"",Paid!E4," "), next row: =IF(Paid!E8<"",Paid!E8," ")
and =IF(Paid!B4<"",Paid!B4," "), next row: =IF(Paid!B8<"",Paid!B8," ")

Each column has a different formula, always offset by 4 cells.

Thanks

"amoore" wrote:

I need to make a spreadsheet with formulas linking 2 pages together. The
formula is a IF formula and, going down the column, is in increments of 4
cells. ie: B4, B8, B12, etc. When I drag to fill the column with the formula
it automatically goes B5, B9, B13, B6, B10, etc. Hoy do I fix this so it is
one continuous stream of formulas incremented by 4 cells without writing in
each one. (long list!!)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Duke Carey

Couple of options:
First:

=IF(OFFSET(Paid!E$4,4*(ROW(A1)-1),0)<"",OFFSET(Paid!E$4,4*(ROW(A1)-1),0)," ")

Second:

=IF(INDIRECT("paid!e"&ROW(A1)*4)< "",INDIRECT("paid!e"&ROW(A1)*4),"")

& copy them down

"amoore" wrote:

Duke,
Thanks, Here is my formula:

=IF(Paid!E4<"",Paid!E4," "), next row: =IF(Paid!E8<"",Paid!E8," ")
and =IF(Paid!B4<"",Paid!B4," "), next row: =IF(Paid!B8<"",Paid!B8," ")

Each column has a different formula, always offset by 4 cells.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
amoore

Duke,
thanks, your second one:

=IF(INDIRECT("paid!e"&ROW(A1)*4)<"",INDIRECT("pai d!e"&ROW(A1)*4),"")

this worked for my first 3 columns but then didn't when I needed to fill in
the rest of my sheet. How do I fix the columns that need the formula to
reference B5 (instead of B4) from my first sheet and then follow by every 4
intravals like the previous formula I submitted. example: B5, B9, B10
thanks,
angela