Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jen

Default deleting line item in import function causes REF# error

Here's the story and I'm hoping someone here can help. I have a workbook
with four sheets in it. I have the functions setup to import the information
of the same line from the preceeding sheet. Each line has calculations to it
that also rolls itself (by function) to the next sheet.

The problem we are having is this: If a line item is deleted from sheet 1,
on sheet 2 it shows itself with the REF# error and the sum totals at the
bottom of that sheet recieve the same error.

Is there an additional function that I could add that if a line is deleted
on sheet 1 it would delete out the others and not cause an error in the total
sheet calculation at the bottom of sheet 2?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
John James

If, say, you have a formula which picks up the value in cell A1 and then
delete row 1, you would expect that formula to return an error. I
assume you are doing something like this.
In comparison, if you simple clear the contents of cell A1, then the
formula still works, and will not return an error.

So I suspect if you don't make structural changes to the worksheet
which invalidate your formula, you'll no longer get your errors.

However, I'm second guessing what you are doing. You'll need to
provide the formula for further comment if this doesn't make sense.

--
John James
John James's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32690