Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
arreferee

Default Formula doesn't update when rows are inserted

I have a formula that is simply adding cells E8:E184. When I insert rows
(begining with E185) and populate those rows with data, the formula doesn't
pick these up. In all of my other spreadsheets, the formula automatically
updates with the inserted rows, but this one doesn't want to do this. Anyone
have any ideas?

Thanks,
arreferee
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
John Lyons

Keep cell e184 blank, and insert rows at row 184. Formula will then expand to
include the expanded range.
"arreferee" wrote:

I have a formula that is simply adding cells E8:E184. When I insert rows
(begining with E185) and populate those rows with data, the formula doesn't
pick these up. In all of my other spreadsheets, the formula automatically
updates with the inserted rows, but this one doesn't want to do this. Anyone
have any ideas?

Thanks,
arreferee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
arreferee

Thanks John...this works. Do you (or anyone else) know why it's not working
currently? I have another formula on the same spreadsheet that works
perfectly.

Thanks again.