Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
PMorrisDuke

Default How to do nothing if @IF returns FALSE?

Is it possible to not change the contents of a cell if the @IF condition
returns FALSE?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Carim

Hi,

Try surround your formula with :
=IF(ISERROR(yourformula),"",yourformula)

HTH
Carim

--
Carim
Carim's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33259

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
paul

another way would be to tell us what your formula actually looks like\
generally if(a1=1,a2*2,a2),ie if condtion is true multiply a2x2 if false a2
is ummm a2
--
paul

remove nospam for email addy!

"Carim" wrote:

Hi,

Try surround your formula with :
=IF(ISERROR(yourformula),"",yourformula)

HTH
Carim

--
Carim
Carim's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=531769

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
PMorrisDuke

Thanks for the replies. Basically I want to do the following.
I have a global name GlobalName defined. It can have the values "A" or "B".

In cell a2: @if(GlobalName = "A", a1)
In cell b2: @if(GlobalName = "B", b1)

If cell a2 has the value from a1 then if GlobalName = "B", I want cell a2 to
stay the same and not get changes. This may be an invalid attempt on my part
but basically, if the IF condition is FALSE, then do a NOOP.

Pete