Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
helpless101

Default the value of a box in excel if entered data is a certain value

If i enter 6 or less in c2 then i want the value to be 10. If I enter 7 in c2
then i want the value to be 15, 8 then 20 and so on. I want my entered data
to show but behind the scenes in formulas i want the what if value used. I am
new and need some basic help. Also with using check boxes
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
paul

it depends on the expected values you need to enter in c2.You could use a if
statement =if(c2<=6,10,if(c2=7,15,if(c2=8,20))),but that will work for a
limited number of values in c2,maybe =IF(C5<=6,10,MROUND(C5*2+2.5,5))will do
the trick for you.
or a v lookup table,to display the values in some hidden cells and use
those cells in your formulas or write these statements directly into your
formulas instead of C2
You will need to provide more info about the check boxes
--
paul
remove nospam for email addy!