Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Alex

Default multi-conditional expense tracking problem

In 1 sheet I have an account register as it appears in a checkbook:
Date, Payee, Classification, Debit, Credit, Balance

In sheet 2 I have columns designated as pay days which is every 2 weeks and
rows designated Classification. The classifications available in sheet 1 are
derived from the row titles in sheet 2 so they are identical.

I want the sum of each transaction for each Classification falling within
the applicable 2 week period in sheet 2 from sheet 1.

I can summarize the Classifications on a monthly basis using SUMIF but I
haven't figured out how to gather data from within a range of dates. I
haven't figured out how to use SUMPRODUCT either, if that is in fact the
correct function to use.

Please help.

Thanks,
Alex
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ardus Petus

Assuming your data withe headers is in Sheet1:A1:F999
Summary in sheet2 has date Column heders and Classification Row headers
Sheet2 has dummy column header in col A

=SUMPRODUCT((Sheet1!$A$2:$A$999<=B$1)*(Sheet1!$A$2 :$A$999A$1)*(Sheet1!$C$2:
$C$999=$A2)*(Sheet1!$E$2:$E$999-Sheet1!$D$2:$D$999))

See example: http://cjoint.com/?ejkq1bSSPG

HTH
--
AP