Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
BunnyMom

Default Why do i have blank lines in my subtotals results

I have a range of sorted data that I have applied subtotals to. I then
'remove all' subtotals, change a few fields, and then apply the same
subtotals. But, in my new subtotal results, there are a number of blank
lines between my last subtotal line and the Grand Total Subtotal line. I
don't know why this is. I normally just delete all those extra lines, but I
would like to find a better solution to avoiding these empty rows. Thanks.
Bunny
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson

When you inserted the subtotals, more rows were added to the used range.

If you don't select your range to use in Data|Subtotals, then excel will guess
at what range to use. (I like to select my range explicitly before
data|subtotals, data|sort, data|pivot table, etc).

If you don't want to select the range, you could use some of the techniques at
Debra Dalgleish's site to reset that used range.

http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused

--

Dave Peterson