Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Danz

Default how do i use vlookup to search for a value on another sheet?

I have 2 sheets
Sheet 1 contains value to search for
sheet 2 contains column 1 with range of values
sheet 2 column 2 contains corresponding values to return to sheet 1

I have the formula set up as this
=VLOOKUP(B2,sheet2!A2:A84,2,0)

It gives me a #REV! error
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre

You can't return the value from the second column of sheet2!A2:A84 if it only
contains 1 column.

Try this:
=VLOOKUP(B2,sheet2!A2:B84,2,0)

Instead of this:
=VLOOKUP(B2,sheet2!A2:A84,2,0)

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"Danz" wrote:

I have 2 sheets
Sheet 1 contains value to search for
sheet 2 contains column 1 with range of values
sheet 2 column 2 contains corresponding values to return to sheet 1

I have the formula set up as this
=VLOOKUP(B2,sheet2!A2:A84,2,0)

It gives me a #REV! error

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

You need to change sheet2!A2:A84 to sheet2!A2:B84 if you want the value from
column B,
right now you tell excel to find the 2nd column in one column thus the REF
error

Peo Sjoblom

http://nwexcelsolutions.com

"Danz" wrote in message
I have 2 sheets
Sheet 1 contains value to search for
sheet 2 contains column 1 with range of values
sheet 2 column 2 contains corresponding values to return to sheet 1

I have the formula set up as this
=VLOOKUP(B2,sheet2!A2:A84,2,0)

It gives me a #REV! error

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Danz

That solved my problem. I didn't realise that I had to include all the
columns that I am trying to find data.
For the longest time, I was trying to figure out how to reference sheet2 for
column2.

Thanks for the quick help.
Danz

"Danz" wrote:

I have 2 sheets
Sheet 1 contains value to search for
sheet 2 contains column 1 with range of values
sheet 2 column 2 contains corresponding values to return to sheet 1

I have the formula set up as this
=VLOOKUP(B2,sheet2!A2:A84,2,0)

It gives me a #REV! error

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions