Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gabbon

Default Obtain Easter date?

Hi,
Probably a stupid question,
but does Excel contain any calendar functions that would enable me to create
a formula for obtaining the date of Easter each year?
Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre

Check Chip Pearson's site:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/holidays.htm

Search that webpage for "Easter"

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"Gabbon" wrote:

Hi,
Probably a stupid question,
but does Excel contain any calendar functions that would enable me to create
a formula for obtaining the date of Easter each year?
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Paul D. Simon

Here's an even easier formula to determine the date for Easter for a
particular year.

If you enter the year (say, 2006) into cell A1, then in B1 enter this
formula:

=DOLLAR(("4/"&A1)/7+MOD(19*MOD(A1,19)-7,30)*14%,)*7-6