Todd F.

Default Add 2nd variable to if statement - ifAnd?

It has been a long while since doing big nested if's

I have supplied a lengthy question with actual values.

I have the following formula:

=IF(F36="",(((E31*$J$7)/52)*$J$8),(((E31*$J$7)/52)*F36))

F36 is an overirde number, if left blank then will execute with master
number on top of page but if I enter number (override) to f36 then uses f36
instead of master number in j8.

The 2ND and new override is a whole number that if placed in cell H36 will
replace the following portion of the formula:

((E31*$J$7)/52) - this yields 511

F36 = €śblank€ť (for this example)
E31= 1300
$J$7=20.5
$J$8=18

I am overriding a 1 week budget of 511 with a number like 470 for example
with my overall goal to keep the original formula intack because it changes
and then add this new variable over top of it.

Hey thanks for your suggestions and time and have a happy holiday.

Todd Frisch

Todd F.

I must confess I do not understand it YET but I tested it thoroughly and it
does work.

I can have H36 blank with something in or not in f 36 and vise versa. I can
also have somehting in both f36& h36 there by overiding both the numbers.

I do have one question about rounding if h36 is entered as 511 it yileds a
number a few digits off from leaving cell blank and using 511 in the original
calc. Is there somehting I can learn to deal with this.

Thanks again

"Todd F." wrote:

It has been a long while since doing big nested if's

I have supplied a lengthy question with actual values.

I have the following formula:

=IF(F36="",(((E31*$J$7)/52)*$J$8),(((E31*$J$7)/52)*F36))

F36 is an overirde number, if left blank then will execute with master
number on top of page but if I enter number (override) to f36 then uses f36
instead of master number in j8.

The 2ND and new override is a whole number that if placed in cell H36 will
replace the following portion of the formula:

((E31*$J$7)/52) - this yields 511

F36 = €œblank€ (for this example)
E31= 1300
$J$7=20.5
$J$8=18

I am overriding a 1 week budget of 511 with a number like 470 for example
with my overall goal to keep the original formula intack because it changes
and then add this new variable over top of it.

Hey thanks for your suggestions and time and have a happy holiday.

Todd Frisch

Frank Kabel

Hi
use ROUND. See:
http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.Rounding.html

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Todd F." wrote:

It has been a long while since doing big nested if's

I have supplied a lengthy question with actual values.

I have the following formula:

=IF(F36="",(((E31*$J$7)/52)*$J$8),(((E31*$J$7)/52)*F36))

F36 is an overirde number, if left blank then will execute with
master number on top of page but if I enter number (override) to
f36 then uses f36 instead of master number in j8.

The 2ND and new override is a whole number that if placed in cell
H36 will replace the following portion of the formula:

((E31*$J$7)/52) - this yields 511

F36 = ?oblank?ť (for this example)
E31= 1300
$J$7=20.5
$J$8=18

I am overriding a 1 week budget of 511 with a number like 470 for
example with my overall goal to keep the original formula intack
because it changes and then add this new variable over top of it.

Hey thanks for your suggestions and time and have a happy holiday.

Todd Frisch

Todd F.

thanks I will put it in.

"Todd F." wrote:

It has been a long while since doing big nested if's

I have supplied a lengthy question with actual values.

I have the following formula:

=IF(F36="",(((E31*$J$7)/52)*$J$8),(((E31*$J$7)/52)*F36))

F36 is an overirde number, if left blank then will execute with
master number on top of page but if I enter number (override) to
f36 then uses f36 instead of master number in j8.

The 2ND and new override is a whole number that if placed in cell
H36 will replace the following portion of the formula:

((E31*$J$7)/52) - this yields 511

F36 = â?oblankâ? (for this example)