Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
OSF

Default How do I get an excel field to 'prompt' me to add a number to mul.

I have a spread sheet set up. And, for the column wherein I would like
to input percentages, the percentage may vary depending on the product.

It could be at 20% one day and at 30% another day. Can I get excel to
'ask me' or prompt me to input the 'percentage' based on change in product
or change in day, etc????

Question: Is excel set-up to 'prompt' me to input a percentage for certain
fields???
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
pdberger

OSF --

I think you can use DataValidation for this. There's one tab to specify
the allowable entries -- if it's going to be a specific set of percentages
(10%, 20%, but not 11%) you'll need to make a list of them and use that range
to create the criterium. Then there's another tab to display a message when
the cell is selected, and another tab to display the message to appear if the
user puts in the wrong number.

HTH.