$E$5" as the criteria using SUMIF and have it work., Microsoft Excel, newsgroup, help, assistance" /> $E$5" as the criteria using SUMIF and have it work. Excel Worksheet Functions" /> How do I use ">$E$5" as the criteria using SUMIF and have it work. - ExcelBanter

Lisa

Default How do I use ">$E$5" as the criteria using SUMIF and have it work.

The criteria for this formula does not work. =SUMIF(B5:B14,"$E$5",C5:C14)
If I put "5000" it works, but if I reference the cell E5 instead (which is
on the same sheet), it no longer works. I need to reference the cell as the
value will not always be 5000.

Peo Sjoblom

Use

""&$E$5

instead as criteria, else it will look for the text representation of the
cell name and not its contents

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Lisa" wrote:

The criteria for this formula does not work. =SUMIF(B5:B14,"$E$5",C5:C14)
If I put "5000" it works, but if I reference the cell E5 instead (which is
on the same sheet), it no longer works. I need to reference the cell as the
value will not always be 5000.

JulieD

Hi Lisa

use
=SUMIF(B5:B14,""&$E$5,C5:C14)

Cheers
JulieD

"Lisa" wrote in message
The criteria for this formula does not work.
=SUMIF(B5:B14,"$E$5",C5:C14)
If I put "5000" it works, but if I reference the cell E5 instead (which
is
on the same sheet), it no longer works. I need to reference the cell as
the
value will not always be 5000.

Lisa

Thanks everyone for your help!