Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Valerian

Default Conditional data

I am using a formula to determine time per unit produced and one of the
pieces of data is based on the number of stations on the production line
minus one (L2-1). What I need to do is have the condition set that if L2 is
greater than K2 (quantity) use L2-1 if it is not greater than K2 then us L2.
Can anyone help me?

If there is anyone using formulas to produce production data in a
manufacturing environment, any information you have would be most helpful.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Valerian

=M2/(K2+(L2-1))
the above is the current formula I am using so what you are saying is I can
do this...
=M2/(K2+(=IF(L2K2,L2-1,L2)))

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

=IF(L2K2,L2-1,L2)
--
Gary's Student

"Valerian" wrote:

I am using a formula to determine time per unit produced and one of the
pieces of data is based on the number of stations on the production line
minus one (L2-1). What I need to do is have the condition set that if L2 is
greater than K2 (quantity) use L2-1 if it is not greater than K2 then us L2.
Can anyone help me?

If there is anyone using formulas to produce production data in a
manufacturing environment, any information you have would be most helpful.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
daddylonglegs

Try this formula

=L2-(L2K2)

--
daddylonglegs
daddylonglegs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30486

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gary''s Student

Almost...

Just omit that internal = sign.

=M2/(K2+(IF(L2K2,L2-1,L2)))

If you use a function like IF() inside an expression, you don't need the
equal sign inside (Excel will complain if you include it.)

Have a good weekend
--
Gary's Student

"Valerian" wrote:

=M2/(K2+(L2-1))
the above is the current formula I am using so what you are saying is I can
do this...
=M2/(K2+(=IF(L2K2,L2-1,L2)))

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

=IF(L2K2,L2-1,L2)
--
Gary's Student

"Valerian" wrote:

I am using a formula to determine time per unit produced and one of the
pieces of data is based on the number of stations on the production line
minus one (L2-1). What I need to do is have the condition set that if L2 is
greater than K2 (quantity) use L2-1 if it is not greater than K2 then us L2.
Can anyone help me?

If there is anyone using formulas to produce production data in a
manufacturing environment, any information you have would be most helpful.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
daddylonglegs

or just

=M2/(K2+L2-(L2K2))